Company: 1-800-PACK-RAT, LLC, is the portable storage container and moving company that provides the simplest way to move or store your stuff in the United States. Currently, we now serve over 115 million people in 70 markets nationwide and are still growing!
Objectives: Coordinate day to day sales activities for corporate relocation and other Business Development accounts at our National Operations Center located in Wake Forest, NC. The Coordinator will identify opportunities based on customer requirements and is responsible for the identifying which loads 1-800-PACK-RAT chooses to bid on. This role will interface with the Logistics Department and the Business Development team, including Move Coordinators to deliver a world-class client experience at a reasonable cost. This role will report to the VP of Business Development with revenue responsibilities to the Business Development Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for reviewing load boards from multiple clients on a daily basis and effectively submitting bids to capture as much business as possible.
- Receive Orders For Service from Clients and distributes business to Move Coordinators
- Responsible for developing effective processes and maintaining contract compliance
- Respond promptly to clients, move coordinators, crews, and logistics department.
- Demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out assignments.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Manage multiple tasks at one time; quickly and accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Works well in high pressure situations during peak business times and understands that working additional hours will be required as business needs dictate in summer months.
- Vacation time will not be granted between May 15 – September 15.
Education – Bachelor's degree preferred. Logistics / Transportation Operations a plus.
Required Experience –
- Minimum of 3 years of moving/logistics dispatch environment
o Working for a van line or agent in the dispatch or operations department
o Optimize and create efficient/cost effective shipment plans for available freight
o Customer Service Experience
Important Personal Characteristics –
- Must be Detail Oriented
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to perform with little or no supervision
- Passion for customer service and driving profits
- Flexibility to accommodate moderate travel requirements and work remotely as needed
- Understanding of moving or transportation tariffs and pricing, specifically 400N-style tariffs
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with clients, employees, and vendors
- Ability to communicate with management team on employee issues and ideas for improvements
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and TechMate rating software
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced environment and meet aggressive growth goals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and telephone number pad
- Ability to speak so that others will be able to clearly understand a normal conversation both in person and over the phone
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed