Teach in the areas of introductory criminal justice and institutional corrections.
Conduct research in Criminology/Criminal Justice.
Advise and contribute to the development of undergraduate and graduate students.
Continued professional development.
Provide service to the department, university, and community.
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Criminology or Criminal Justice (or related fields) earned by August 11, 2014.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for, teaching excellence.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for teaching in the areas of introductory criminal justice and institutional corrections.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for, research productivity in Criminology/Criminal Justice.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for, supervising Master’s theses in Sociology.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated record of, or strong potential for on-going professional development.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The Corrections Program, at MSU, Mankato is housed in the Department of Sociology and Corrections. The Department offers undergraduate and MA/MS degrees. There are 6 faculty in the Corrections Program and a total of 20 in the entire department. The Program Mission is to promote a humane correctional system that is fair and just and the Law Enforcement Program is not in this department. MSU is located 70 miles south of Minneapolis and we have approximately 16,000 students. There are approximately 200 undergraduate majors in Corrections. Faculty are unionized at this school and actively participate in joint governance. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Barbara A. Carson, Ph.D.
Search Committee Chair
Department of Sociology and Corrections
113 Armstrong Hall
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 9 months ago