St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.
SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.
St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.
Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
Under the direction of the PFS manager, the Correspondence Clerk is responsible for daily regional correspondence management. The Correspondence Clerk reviews and routes all Co-Op correspondence and escalates issues as appropriate. This individual also performs a variety of clerical duties related to the Billings and Collection Departments such as opening mail, stuffing envelopes, searching for explanation of benefits, routing denials, and scanning and mailing claims forms. This position may be assigned to work in any position in the department based on the PFS departmental needs.
This individual reports to the Southern California Co-Op PFS Commercial Billing and Correspondence Manager and is responsible for correspondence management in the Southern California region.
1. Responsible for triaging all incoming mail to the Co-Op by opening, sorting, date stamping, and distributing mail according to the Co-Op’s policies and procedures. Assign status codes as appropriate in information system.
2. Assign bad address flag for all returned mail as noted in the information system.
3. Responsible for scanning all documents including: applications for financial assistance, patient correspondence, and any other document(s) requiring scanning.
4. Mail paper claims, refund checks, patient letters, and other documents requiring mailing.
5. Count all weekly unresolved correspondence and inform supervisor.
6. Monitor photocopier and resolve any issues such as paper jams.
7. Complete changes in demographic and insurance as requested.
8. Meet productivity standards based on units processed per shift and submit daily productivity log at end of shift.
9. Route denials received via correspondence to collections representatives for review and posting.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Previous health care experience is not required; 1 year health care business office experience or related field preferred.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1-2 years of business office experience preferred.
Patient Financial Svcs SCCo-Op
3345 Michelson Drive
3345 Michelson Drive
Revenue Cycle Services
St. Joseph Health - 16 months ago
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three...