To build an experienced, well trained sales force
motivated to work their schedules and energized to
present and sell merchandise in an exceptionally
friendly manner. ASMs will drive sales as a result of
proper supervision of their selling staff.
The ASM is responsible for directing all daily
activities in the Cosmetics Department. This includes
guiding the success of a multi-million dollar business
by leading and motivating the selling team, developing
and managing the service environment and presenting a
clean, neat and organized shopping environment.
Additionally, the ASM must focus on:
o Supervising and training Counter Managers (CMs)/Beauty
o Meeting with Vendors to plan and negotiate special
events & promotion to drive sales and create excitement.
o Connecting with customers and presenting/signing
merchandise to guidelines.
ASMs should maintain a schedule that allows them to
achieve the core objectives and responsibilities of the
position. ASMs may need to come in early on heavy
workload days. ASMs should generally work a schedule of
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM or 1:00 - 10:00 PM on a late shift.
These hours should allow the ASM the opportunity to
spend more time supervising associates, driving
sales/transitioning their department and touching base
with the night part-time staff associates.
ASMs will work 2 late nights per week (maybe less nights
in bigger volume stores) and 6 weekend days in a 6-week
schedule (1 weekend on, 1 weekend off, 1 split weekend
in a 3 week rotation).
Star, Selling Star and Presidents Club members and
- Train, motivate and develop staff to become Diamond
maximize sales opportunities.
visibility to supervise staff.
- Lead sales initiatives and maintain high floor
motivate/develop staff to improve retention.
- Create a positive work environment and
recognize top performers.
- Promote customer service, new accounts and intersell.
- Review and coach SPH/sales performance daily and
performance to CMs/BAs monthly.
- Communicate sales/IPT/clientelling plans and
- Plan/execute special events and check client books
relationships and negotiate for event/freelance support.
- Work with RCMs to effectively manage vendor
and additional operational responsibilities necessary to
- Execute floor moves, presentation/signing guidelines
maintain optimal merchandising.
and neighboring bays.
- Ensure all BAs are well trained on their assigned line
internal bench/external candidates to quickly fill jobs.
- Recruit sales driven, customer focused BAs. Identify
are thoroughly understood and maintained.
- Ensure all policies, procedures and shortage standards