A Cost Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely costing of the Finished Goods, Work in Process and Raw Materials of the Marine and Protective Coatings North America business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monthly/Quarterly Financial Accounting of supply chain transactions
- Quarterly Cost Rolls and Daily Costing activities
- Process AFEs and track fixed assets for North America
- Support Business Improvement initiatives
- Support Internal Control Compliance and Improvement initiatives
- Complete projects related to Supply Chain optimization or improvement
- Travel as required Domestic and International
- Participate and contribute in Health & Safety, Security and Environmental activities (SAFE Meetings, BBS Observer, HS&E Training, Housekeeping, 5S, Recycling, Waste Management, etc.)
What can AkzoNobel offer you?
- Bachelors degree in Accounting,
- 2-3 years of general or cost-related Accounting experience preferred
- A solid analytical background
- Experience with an ERP system is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of developing and adhering to a streamlined internal control structure
- Good organizational skills
Employee is expected perform these company success factors:
- Helps the customer
- Achieves expected results on time
- Understands the need to learn
- Open to change and new ideas
- Fulfils responsibilities in expected style
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term Disability, 401(k) with immediate company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Must be eligible to work in the United States. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screening required. Environmentally-responsible business. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Akzo Nobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AkzoNobel - 9 months ago