Our client seeks a dynamic and versatile Cost/Financial Analyst to manage their accounting functions and lend expertise in pricing proposals and in federal government contracts. This person will report directly to the CFO and will supervise a bookkeeper.
- Oversees QuickBooks Accounting System for multistate operation with a Federal and Commercial component.
- Supervises bookkeeper
- Prepares ad hoc and monthly financial reports for senior management
- Working with managers to review monthly revenue ensuring proper revenue treatment (to include proper cost postings and comparing against forecasts and budgets.
- Ensures accounting system is set up correctly for new project based on contract, funding, bill rate etc.
- Ensures processes and procedures accurately capture, track and report on financial transactions, including timesheet program (JAMIS) and payroll administration (ADP)
- Works with client managers to ensure accurate and on time completion of invoices
- Ensures adherence to and communication of accounting policies and procedures
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling and performance elements from functional departments
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Two years minimum of current government contracting experience is required
- Masters Degree in Accounting or CPA in progress/obtained is preferred.
- At least two years of experience in financial analysis.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Complex working ability with Microsoft Suite especially Excel.
- Attentive to details
- Well organized, team player
- Self Starter, works independently
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Department of Labor laws and regulations
- Familiarity with contract types, including Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, Time and Materials, and IDIQ contracting
- Familiarity with a diverse range of customers including commercial, federal and DoD
- Background Check Required
Account Analysis, Financial Analysis, Budgeting/Forecasting, Billing, Aging of Accounts Receivable, Government Contracts, Proposal Pricing.