Construction, Project and Cost Consultancy, Oil and Gas
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented,
to join our Chicago staff but
to a client site in Whiting, Indiana. The candidate will be responsible for cost engineering and management of a portfolio of work in a capital environment. Candidate must have experience, preferably in Oil & Gas, as a Project Cost Engineer, Project Controls with construction and commissioning experience on turnaround and/or capital and maintenance petrochemical projects. The candidate must be proficient in using cost software, workbooks and database systems.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to Senior Cost Manager.
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by the Assistant Cost Manager and issues to the Senior Cost Manager.
- Reviews all change orders with minimal supervision in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that the Assistant Cost Manager codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on Value Engineering analysis.
- With minimal supervision, carries out an earned value analysis of the project on a periodic basis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Champions delivery of Constructive Expertise at all aspects of project.
- Provides management and daily leadership for Faithful+Gould project team.
- Minimizes Faithful+Gould’s exposure and risk on project.
- Understands Faithful+Gould’s pricing model and complies with billing procedures accordingly.
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Supports proposal efforts including completing project scoping and revenue assessments.
- Develops professional relationships with client personnel that foster lasting client ties.
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Remains on the forefront of new and emerging industry practices and the potential application on client engagements.
- Maintains effective communication between project team members and key stakeholders including client, consultants, contractors, and public entities.
- Effectively facilitates team and client meetings, acting as chair as appropriate.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps the Faithful+Gould project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Provides leadership on internal teams/committees.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of Faithful+Gould’s core capabilities.
- Reviews and complies with all Faithful+Gould and client safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, or a related Engineering field.
- An Industry relevant degree is preferred but equivalent experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of progressive construction industry Cost Management experience.
- Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects would be advantageous.
- Thoroughly understands and utilizes Information Technology in the performance of their work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- Good communication and people skills and flexibility is a must.
- Highly articulate, clear and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Clear decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
- AACEI, CCE preferred but not required.
Faithful+Gould - 16 months ago