Practice as an attorney and address legal matters for the Company at an advanced level on a broad range of complex issues within a Business Operations practice group in the Legal Department.
ITC Job Responsibilities
ITC Job Qualifications
- Address complex issues falling in the Business Operations practice group’s area of responsibility, which generally is litigation and business disputes, vendor contracts, reliability compliance, collections, environmental, safety, security, facilities, and supply chain matters.
- Analyze complex issues, resolve problems, and provide expert information to internal clients on complex issues; provide legal counsel to Company management and personnel on a broad range of issues that present varied and difficult problems of interpretation and analysis.
- Advise and advocate on behalf of the Company with advanced skill on complex issues.
- Manage or participate in handling pending or threatened litigation or disputes, including litigation strategy, drafting and submission of pleadings, discovery, oral arguments, settlement negotiations, and other litigation activities.
- Review contracts and other legal documents; manage or participate in handling contract negotiations; advise Company personnel on terms of legal documents and potential impact on the Company.
- Analyze and review statutes, regulations, orders, case law, and other precedent or rules, and advise company personnel on substance and impact on the company related to such issuances.
- Conduct legal research and analysis of statutes, case law, agency orders and other precedent as necessary; counsel company personnel on legal matters through verbal and written communications.
- Manage outside counsel and other vendors retained to assist on Legal Department matters.
- Juris Doctor from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law.
- Must be able to practice in state and federal courts.
- Seven years experience as a practicing attorney.
- Four years experience in handling business litigation cases and business disputes; such experience in utility context preferred.
- Four years experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts; such experience in utility context preferred.
- Experience handling legal matters related to real estate preferred.
- Familiarity with processes related to regulation of utilities or energy companies preferred.
- Utility industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work independently in area of responsibility and manage projects.
- Ability to effectively conduct research of legal precedent and other information related to performance of job duties.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word and email applications in performing job duties.
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard