Job Purpose: Provides ABCO’s customers with quality customer service at the counter level, which includes taking requests for and writing quotations on standard items, writing orders, and relaying pertinent order information (such as lead times) to customers, coordinating with other departments and manufacturers when necessary.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Experience: at least one year HVAC industry experience; counter/warehouse experience a plus
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent
- Skills and traits:
- Customer service oriented
- Knowledge of HVAC/R parts and nomenclature
- Team player
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Manual Dexterity – must be able to use hands and arms for handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating things.
- Counter Sales – Manage quotations and purchase orders at the counter level; locate and retrieve items in the warehouse; provide follow up assistance and information regarding orders
- Customer Service/Relationship Management - Achieve and maintain professional and positive rapport with customers by providing the best possible service; act as liaison between customers and other departments; maintain records of customer interactions and transactions
- Branch and Sales Support - Handle the needs of Sales Account Managers, Branch Managers, and customers according to branch area
- Professional Knowledge and Development - Maintain current knowledge of ABCO’s product lines, prices, delivery times, drop ship items, and promotional/marketing programs; Participate in training and seminars as required
- Computer Utilization - Utilize ABCO’s computer system to retrieve customer information, obtain stock status information, check purchase order status, and change/adjust existing purchase orders, ensuring that the proper codes are being used
MEP Jobs - 24 months ago