The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Agricultural and Natural Resources program in Bacon County by providing educational programs in production agriculture, home and garden, pesticide, wildlife, and related areas.|
Utilizes the expertise of advisory groups, community leaders, public officials and representatives of intended audiences to analyze data, identify needs, and assist in developing educational programs
• Develops plan of work that is equitable in meeting the needs of the varied counties’ socio-economic situation
• Targets specific audiences for educational programs addressing critical issues identified in plan of work
• Implements Cooperative Extension’s Equal Opportunity plan
• Develops and conducts relevant interdisciplinary programs with other staff members based on critical issues
• Collaborates with other agencies and community groups to plan and implement programs
• Conducts promotional efforts to expand the public’s view of extension programming
• Utilizes current research data and information on emerging issues in program development and teaching
• Demonstrates personal interest and involvement in community by participating in and supporting civic/community activities/organizations and networking with community leaders
• See www.caes.uga.edu/intranet/coextopr/pdfs/coextagentjd.pdf for a listing of other responsibilities.
• This position requires frequent night meetings, some weekend work, and attendance at out-of-county meetings. A valid driver’s license is required.
National Agricultural Alumni Development Association - 9 months ago