Transport medical records, lab specimens, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical supplies, x-rays, correspondence, freight, and miscellaneous items to ensure efficient flow of information and materials throughout various Sanford Health Locations. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High School graduate or equivalent. Must be able to follow a strict delivery and pick-up schedule.
Must possess a valid class D driver's license. Must maintain a good driving record.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently transport x-rays, lab specimens, medical records, pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical supplies, freight, and mail to and from various Sanford Locations.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category II position under OSHA guidelines with low risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard