The courier will be responsible for driving to customer locations to deliver/retrieve items that require secure, environmentally controlled storage.
- Collects containers in various forms (size/weight) and returns to the company.
- Ensures all containers are properly secured/locked at all times.
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Cleans inside of the company vehicle and performs routine pre-trip inspections.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints and notifies management of any issues.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and relays any concerns to management.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor.
- Secures containers inside company vehicle by using straps, tie-downs and/or rope.
- Visits scheduled customers’ sites to see if there are any containers/media for collection.
- Ensures all containers have the correct coding information (bar code and/or numbers) and that it matches the pick up/delivery receipts.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and inputs into computer as required by the Company.
- Completes daily run sheets and/or driver’s log of customer sites visited and their respective timeframes, mileage driven and # of container picked up/dropped off.
- Exhibits professional, well groomed, neat appearance that is reflective of our image at Recall at all times
All couriers must successfully complete a road test, drug and alcohol test.
A high school education or equivalent is required.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
New employees must meet the meet the following requirements:
Three years of driving experience driving the type of equipment that the driver will be assigned to operate. At least 1 of these years of experience must be immediately preceding the date of application or within 12 months of the date of application
No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years (in any type of vehicle)
No at fault accidents within the last 3 years (in any type of vehicle)
No convictions of any of the following offenses’ (in any type of vehicle) in the past 7 years:
Driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance
Leaving the scene of an accident involving a commercial motor vehicle
No more than 1 (one) excessive speeding (15 mph or more above the posted speed limit)
A moving violation in connection with a fatal accident
Vehicular manslaughter or vehicular homicide
Eluding a police officer
Operating a vehicle with a suspended or revoked license
No felony convections or confinement for conviction of a criminal offence
Some clients may have more stringent background requirements that will be applied for any and all couriers assigned to service those accounts. Specific details of such requirements will be shared with the employee at time of hire, at time of assignment to client work, or upon implementation of new standards, whichever comes first.
All couriers must abide by the Company Driver Policy and have a valid, unexpired driver’s license for the state in which s/he resides.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
Reads, analyses and interprets customer work orders, Company maps and Company policies and procedures.
Write on customer orders and/or business correspondence.
Establishes rapport, presents information and responds to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Must have the skill and ability to meet people, listen and utilize conflict resolution skills.
Ability to calculate figures to reconcile container amounts with paperwork.
Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting (counting).
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
Retain a Class “C” license
Must pass the Company’s Road test for each type of vehicle driven.
Must retain Company insurance information and accident reporting information in vehicle at all times.
It's not necessary to memorize your documents: this company can Recall them for you. Recall Corporation is one of the world's...