Apply your talent for writing and strong communication skills in a project team environment. Join the innovative and productive team that is responsible for designing, authoring, and updating educational materials for teaching GIS and web development/administration concepts, skills, and workflows.
- Work with the latest Esri software and subject matter experts (SMEs) to quickly assess, design, develop, maintain, revise, and validate instructor-led and web-based training materials
- Stay up to date and expand your knowledge on GIS and related technologies
- Collaborate with team members to identify, contribute, and recommend new ideas or methods for enhancing our curriculum
- Evaluate and enhance the overall content design of existing Esri curriculum
- Apply solid instructional design skills, effective learning principles, and creativity to course design to engage students in the learning process, encourage participation, and meet the requirements of the adult learner
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geoscience, information systems, computer science, education, or related field
- Knowledge of ArcGIS for Server architecture, implementation, functionality, and use-case scenarios
- Experience deploying, configuring, and managing ArcGIS for Server and related web applications
- Experience in course development, curriculum design, education, or training
- Knowledge of and experience applying the ADDIE model of instructional design
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts and tasks in understandable terms
- Demonstrated knowledge administering and troubleshooting Windows, UNIX, and/or Linux systems and web server technologies
- Experience with classroom and virtual classroom facilitation techniques
- Knowledge of graphics software such as PaintShop Pro
- Knowledge of e-learning design principles and associated authoring tools
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION: Applications must be accompanied by an electronic portfolio of writing samples. Applications will not be considered complete nor resumes reviewed without samples attached.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Learn more and apply online at www.esri.com/careers . Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) supporting diversity in the workforce.
Esri helps organizations map and model our world. Esri’s GIS technology enables them to effectively analyze and manage their...