Course Instructor for Personal Trainers Needed in New York City
The Focus Personal Training Institute is a New York State Licensed Vocational school for personal trainers; we are NOT a certification course but rather an educational institution. Through our comprehensive and content-rich programs, our vision is to improve the fitness industry by providing an outstanding education and exceptional experience so that our students can thrive in their careers. We are located in New York City inside of our own private facility that has a self-contained classroom and training floor. We love students, education and of course, fitness. As a company and a staff, we are always looking to improve and grow. We work hard and maintain a high level of professionalism while having fun and truly valuing our work.
Our Mission Statement:
Our mission is to educate and develop personal trainers who demonstrate technical proficiency, integrity and professionalism.
What you will be doing:
Being a teacher at the Focus Personal Training Institute means that you will also serve as a mentor to and set an example for future personal trainers. You will present theoretical lectures such as kinesiology, biomechanics, anatomy and physiology, as well as lead practical instruction in the areas of (but not limited to) communication skills, exercise technique and baseline data collection. Your job is to equip personal trainers with tangible skills and applicable knowledge so that they can design effective exercise programs and retain their clientele. Teachers at Focus participate in faculty meetings and dedicate themselves to developing effective teaching strategies for their students. Furthermore, teachers are expected to maintain student records and contribute to curriculum enhancement. There are currently different schedule options available, including day, evening and weekends.
Minimum Requirements (applicants without these criteria will not be considered):
The Perfect Candidate:
- Master’s Degree in an exercise related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in personal training
- Nationally recognized personal trainer certification
- Bachelor’s degree accepted if accompanied by at least 5 years of professional experience
- Believes in the power of education to enhance personal trainers’ success
- Is highly experienced and proficient in the craft of personal training
- Has some experience in fitness education or adult learning
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication
- Can simplify and communicate complex concepts to students
- Reveals a passion about the fitness industry and its future
- Is willing to work with students and committed to seeing their success
- Is excited to see company growth
- Is capable of maintaining accurate records
- Knows how to use Microsoft Office
- Medical Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Company Sponsored Education Events
- Workers Compensation Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Education Stipend
How to Apply:
- Commensurate with experience
Attach your resume in Word format and paste your cover letter to the body of the e-mail; we will not accept separate attached cover letters! We will respond to your submission via e-mail or phone, so please be sure to check the e-mail account from which you send your resume. To learn more about the company, please visit our website at www.FocusTrainerInstitute.com.
Focus Personal Training Institute - 12 months ago
New York City's leading personal training school. Master the necessary skills to surpass the competition and succeed as a professional...