Providing customers with superior service, courtesy clerks bag customer orders, take their purchases to the customers’ vehicles and retrieve carts in an efficient, safe and courteous manner. Courtesy clerks also take “go-backs” back to shelves, sweep aisles, clean up spills, clean checks stands, and carts, whatever is needed to ensure a clean and inviting grocery store.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles, greetings, and thank yous.
- Taking customers’ purchases to their vehicles.
- Properly bagging customers’ purchases.
- Collecting and retrieving grocery carts from parking lots.
- Taking “go-back’ items back to their proper shelf locations
- Providing customers with product location information.
- Verifying prices for register operators and customers.
- Cleaning check stands, grocery carts, the parking lot, restrooms, product spills, and sales cases.
- Refilling plastic bag and paper sacks and any other check stand supplies.
- Emptying trash receptacles throughout the grocery store.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
Occasionally work in walk-in coolers and/or freezers.
- Provide fast and friendly customer service.
- With both customers and team members, remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish tasks.
- Push a row of seven grocery carts.
- Learn the product locations of the items sold in the store.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, and posted company policies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to bag groceries and use any necessary tools and equipment.
- Openly and professionally communicate through body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Respond immediately to audible pages for spill clean-ups and various customer service requests.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- A friendly and positive attitude towards customers and team members.
- A desire to greet, engage and sincerely thank the customer
- An outstanding work ethic and a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance.
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s efforts.
- Ability to be flexible, adapting to new jobs, schedules, team members, programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly and to demonstrate desire to learn and do more.
Bashas' Supermarkets - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bashas', founded by brothers Ike and Eddie Basha Sr., is a dynamic, growing company competing in the most hotly contested grocery...