USA-CA-San Jose HQ
Atmel Corporation (Nasdaq: ATML) is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of microcontrollers, capacitive touch solutions, advanced logic, mixed-signal, nonvolatile memory and radio frequency (RF) components. Leveraging one of the industry's broadest intellectual property (IP) technology portfolios, Atmel is able to provide the electronics industry with complete system solutions focused on industrial, consumer, communications, computing and automotive markets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Atmel seeks a talented writer with print and online savvy to apply your skills for generating design content, blogging, social media, branding, corporate identity, copywriting and marketing needs with a fun, spirited, and snappy voice.
- Broad knowledge of and interest in high technology. Ability to channel the specific vibe of the brands into all written communications and to generate content for print collateral and websites consistent with company goals and broader home design trends.
- This position reports to the Marketing manager, and is based in San Jose.
- Write, edit and proofread technical content in all external communication projects including print collateral, website copy, direct marketing, press releases, promotions, training materials, scripts, brochures, advertising, sales collateral, video scripts, newsletters and presentations
- Develop compelling content that reflects key product messaging and value proposition
- Coordinate with other departments to gather content for projects. Maintain consistent branding throughout communications.
- Creating short colorful headlines, long-form informative and enticing copy, and detailed product-specific information.
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines from start to finish. Ability to work in a group setting.
- At least 5 years of experience in technical writing role
- Excellent written and spoken English
- BA in English, Communications or equivalent with strong technical background or an Engineering degree with technical writing qualification/experience
- Superior knowledge of grammar, excellent proofreading, attention to detail and organizational skills are needed as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
BA in English, Communications or equivalent with strong technical background
Minimum of 5 years experience
Atmel Corporation - 23 months ago