Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and the world's largest publisher of adventure games, including Magic: The Gathering® Trading Card Game and Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Games has an exciting opportunity for an Creative Producer of Copywriting to join our team. Only local candidates need apply. There is no relocation assistance for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a great benefits package, and the excitement of working in a creative organization. But the best part of working here is that we think creating products that bring hours of enjoyment to millions around the globe is an inherently cool way to earn a living.
As the Creative Producer for Copywriting, you will be responsible for delivering high quality Creative Advertising copy materials by collaborating with external resources, (including freelancers, contractors, partners, vendors), in support of Brand goals and objectives. You will be the liaison between understanding the needs of Brand and translating those out to third parties.
This position requires a very creative individual with sophisticated communication and problem-solving skills to both provide clear, comprehensive feedback to outsourced talent; as well as, ensuring creativity in consumer facing copy materials for marketing and advertising tactics. Marketing Creative and Advertising copy materials include, but are not limited to: copywriting and story scripted materials, trade marketing, advertising, licensing and event materials.
Works with direction from the Marketing Creative Manager. Collaborates with Senior Brand Art Directors, Senior Marketing Art Directors, Online Designers, and Graphic Designers. Contacts include Marketing Creative Project Manager, Research and Development, Organized Play, Trade Marketing, Sales, and Brand team members.
- No supervisory responsibilities of internal resources
- Directly responsible for allocating Copy Writing projects to Freelance and Agency Writers, managing the projects to deadlines, while providing feedback and managing the copy quality.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Vendor / Resource Management / Allocations, Production, Process & Quality Control – 55%
- Creative Copywriting Development – 30%
- Forecasting, Budgeting – 15%
Vendor Management / Resource Allocations, Production, Process & Quality Control (55%):
Creative Copywriting Development (30%):
- Prioritize, organize, a large volume of concurrent projects
- Define style and tone for all consumer-facing copywriting
- Source copy and messaging for various types of media: advertising, video, website, product
- Attend kick-off meetings as well and any additional meetings as required on a project-by-project basis, eg: design meetings, concepting sessions, etc.
Forecasting, Budgeting (15%):
- Coordinate reviews and approvals of all concepts and/or scripts prior to scheduled Brand review
- Take direction and assimilate feedback from multiple parties / Ensure that all changes and edits are addressed in a timely manner
- Review all copy specific and/or relevant Creative Briefs
- Consult internal clients on new tactics
Ongoing responsibilities that impact the role 100% of the time:
- Suggest different approaches and options based on timelines and budgets
- Manage copywriting budgets on a project-by-project basis
- Stay current on Marketing and Advertising Trends
- Execute Brand Teams’ business goals and objectives
- Hit deadlines
- Coordinate all marketing and consumer-facing messaging
- Ensure consistency of messaging for all Brands including: Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Kaijudo, Wizards Corporate, and Trade Marketing (Wizards Play Network)
- Maintain Wizards of the Coast’s high quality and production standards
Education and Training:
Prior Related Experience:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years experience as a Copywriter, Project Manager, Program Manager, or Producer.
- Experience in vendor management where you have managed third party relationships
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ Years Advertising Agency copywriting experience
- Project Management Experience
- Effective negotiation skills
- Must be a strong, independent, self starter, with initiative
- Project management and multi-tasking skills as well as creativity and resourcefulness are a must
- Able to create and manage complex schedules
- Must be able to work under tight scheduling constraints
- Track a multitude of overlapping projects
- Able to concept and communicate ideas effectively
- Stay on or under communicated budget
- Identify when to issues should escalate, then follow and/or determine the appropriate escalation path
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills are required
- Must have excellent grammar, punctuation, spelling, and overwriting skills
- Must have strong copywriting experience
- Stays current on emerging technologies
- Must be able to take constructive criticism
- Team player, willing to collaborate
- Knowledge of game industry trends, and Wizards of the Coast’s products is a plus
- Must have the skills and abilities involved in networking with other professionals in the industry
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word (or equivalent software application)
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook , follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn .
J2W Posting Code:
Wizards of the Coast
Wizards Of The Coast - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Wizards of the Coast has built a house of cards. The company, a unit of toy behemoth Hasbro, is best known for trading card game Magic: The...