The Credentialing Assistant shall focus his/her efforts on maintenance to the active SG providers by facilitating hospital reappointments in a timely manner. Additionally, the Credentialing Assistant shall monitor all provider credentials, such as licensure, DEA, State controlled substance registrations, Board Certification, etc. to ensure timely renewal.
- PROVIDER ADVOCATE
- Operates as a medical staff office liaison to the Schumacher Group hospital account on behalf of the provider.
- Facilitates timely hospital reappointment process in accordance with Schumacher Group re-credentialing/reappointment policy.
- Maintains current documents on all physicians by sending out monthly expiration notices and keeping the database updated at all times
- PATIENT ADVOCATE/RISK MANAGEMENT
- Through monitoring of expired credentials and timely reappointments the Credentialing Assistant ensures providers don’t lose privileges, so patients can receive quality care by a seasoned Schumacher Group provider.
- MEDICAL STAFF OFFICE ADVOCATE
- Obtains provider specific contact information, such as name of contact, phone, fax and address for references, previous educational institutions and places of employment/affiliation, to ensure medical staff office has accurate and sufficient information to use to timely produce their verification letters.
- Responds quickly to hospital’s needs at all times, particularly as they undergo Joint Commission and Medicare audits.
- Facilitates the transmission of hospital reappointment applications on behalf of the Medical Staff Office.
- SCHUMACHER GROUP ADVOCATE
- Provide administrative back-up to the Regional Medical Staff Liaison to ensure credentialing and re-credentialing process are efficient.
- MSL backup for processing SG apps and queries
- Follow-up on missing apps and credentials
- Assist w/ obtaining verifications for the MSC’s at the hospitals if needed
- Assist with return of Agreements and Provider Enrollment documents
- Assist with mid-level Collaborative Practice Agreement facilitation
- Assist with paperwork facilitation for mid-levels to ensure approvals are secured from Nursing and/or Medical Board
- Sales Force Data entry
- Maintains a high degree of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality in dealing with employees, and external customers.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- One to two years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Knowledge of medical staff policies, regulations and bylaws and the legal environment within which they operate.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations..
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community..
- Database management skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Knowledge of web page access and utilization.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Schumacher Group provides competitive benefits and salaries to its employees and is committed to employee development and workplace satisfaction.
Our current offerings, which may vary by employment status, location, and/or division, include:
Schumacher Group is committed to excellent medicine, excellent service, and excellent business, all to be accomplished with excellent character. We make ongoing investments in our most valuable asset, our people, through continuous learning and development. We also support and encourage participation in a variety of community and charitable events.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Basic and Supplemental Employee Life Insurance
- Supplemental Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan with a Company match
- Additional Voluntary Benefits such as Cancer Insurance, Critical Assist, Medical Gap Coverage, and Accident Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Credit Union
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness assessment and activities
The above list is a general listing of benefits that promote healthy living and work-life balance. Benefits may differ based on employment status, location, and division.
Schumacher Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard