Saratoga Eagle Sales and Service (SESS) is a respected beverage distributor in its third generation of service in Eastern New York providing beverage distribution to over 2,000 retail partners. We have an immediate need at our main office in Saratoga Springs, New York for a Credit/Office Manager to direct, coordinate activities, and provide back-up of administrative support to our sales, accounts receivables, customer service, and accounting functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hire, train, evaluate, provide performance feedback, identify and assign duties for direct reports.
- Ensure Company's term of sales remain in compliance with NYS Liquor Authority.
- Daily phone contact with numerous drivers regarding COD’s, cash only accounts, special instructions, etc.
- Daily phone contact with numerous salesmen regarding swaps, delinquent accounts, collection arrangements, etc.
- On a daily basis, reviews NYS Liquor Authority website for individuals and businesses that acquire liquor licenses. Communicate these findings to members of the sales department.
- Reports delinquent accounts to the NYS Liquor Authority.
- Performs and/or assigns employees with responsibilities to investigate and verify financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Approves new accounts, performs customer credit reference checks, maintains existing account license information and credit terms. Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Handle the collection options for returned checks received, delinquent invoices or potential fraud cases and if necessary to make recommendations for possible legal action.
- Establishes and updates customers' credit activities.
- Ensure compliance of NYS Resale Certificates.
- Reviews collection ageing reports with Accounts Receivable Clerks to ascertain status of collections and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Analyze delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account. Prepares default and payment notices per SLA regulations. Coordinates with others, including company personnel, to exchange credit information and update credit controls.
- If deemed necessary, pursue bad debt collections in Small Claims Court.
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policies.
- Organize and delegate all price corrections.
Qualified candidates will have at least an Associate’s degree and one year of related accounting and supervisory experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. The ability to work a flexible schedule in order to occasionally backup and/or manage our second shift accounting clerk is required. This position also requires computer skills including internet, e-mail, MS Excel and MS Word; good written and telephone communication skills; the ability to communicate unfavorable information tactfully and professionally; and strong mathematical abilities including an understanding of computing percentage and fractions.
We offer a competitive compensation package. For immediate, confidential consideration please e-mail resume and salary requirements.
Indeed - 18 months ago