Performs credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing commercial/merchant/portfolio accounts, Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts. Reviews credit history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients. Ensures a balanced risk and revenue tradeoff consistent with credit policy and loss target expectations. Investigates the processing activity on accounts that have exceeded the parameters set in our risk management system and make a real time decision if the account is conducting business in a fraudulent manner or in a way that increases the credit exposure to First Data and its partners. Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data. A successful analyst must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and be able to make real time / accurate decisions. The analyst must also be able to communicate effectively and professionally with Law Enforcement, Visa, MasterCard, Attorneys, Merchant Business Owners, and credit card customers who make purchases at our clients business. The position requires a high level of negotiation with customers about collateral requirements. A successful analyst must have the ability to identify trends in processing, read consumer credit reports as well as credit reports on businesses, and complete risk assessments and financial analysis. Exercises credit authority of up to $50K. Limited direct impact to financial strategy and activities. Performs moderately to high complex tasks. Position requires some evaluation or ingenuity. Time management skills are a must as well as good communication skills and negotiation ability. Ability to understand and apply risk management concepts; collect and analyze exposure and loss data, respond efficiently and effectively to internal and external requests. Maintain current knowledge of industry and professional topics by attending relevant training sessions. May mitigate over $2.5 million in risk in a one year period. Performs duties under general supervision, applying knowledge of credit risk guidelines, within fundamental concepts, practices and procedures. High level of autonomy and independent judgment in making decisions and interacting effectively and positively with all levels of personnel, partners, and vendors as well as customers.
Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
· Able to exercise sound credit judgment.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Strong written and oral communications skills. Good interpersonal skills.
· Able to handle heavy workload assignment and multiple priorities. Must be able to meet tight deadlines and productivity standards.
· Good work ethic.
· Relevant 4-year Bachelor’s degree. (Business, Finance, Accounting, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, etc.) OR a 2 year degree with prior work experience.
· Knowledge of MasterCard and Visa Association rules and regulations a plus. PC literate (Excel, Word, etc...)
· Excellent Time Management Skills
· Attendance is an essential function of this position.
· Strong Work Ethic required and able to excel in a fast paced environment.
· Excellent Customer Service Skills with track record of dealing in adverse situations and handling high call volume.
· Must be able to work in a multitude of various Window based and Mainframe applications simultaneously. Also must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...