The Credit Analyst (CA) is responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of credit counterparties across the energy and agricultural industries. The CA will work independently, proactively monitoring credit worthiness of assigned counterparties, communicating issues or concerns to senior credit management as well as traders and marketers. The CA will work closely with the Credit Transaction Specialist (CTS) to fully comprehend the proposed trading activity, risks associated with the transactions and potential credit exposure. The CA provides justification through analysis of the counterparty business and financial performance in support of proposed credit limits. The CA will also need to build and maintain relationships with counterparties to better understand their business and better communicate Noble’s business and credit quality.
- Produce thorough timely written reports (2-3 per week) detailing proposed transactions and analyzing counterparty credit quality through in depth but concise analysis of business factors and financial statements, all in support of appropriate credit limits.
- Proactively monitor counterparty risks, evaluating news, market information, information gained from traders/marketers, and information gained through counterparty relationships with the goal detecting potential deterioration in counterparty credit quality and reducing potential credit losses.
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparties.
- Daily monitoring of counterparty exposures and taking appropriate action when exposure exceeds approved limits.
- Set and negotiate credit terms for master trading agreements (ISDA, NAESB, EEI, etc) working closely with legal documentation team.
- Work closely with CTS to fully understand proposed transactions and their associated risks
- Coordinate with other functional teams including Contracts, Legal, Operations and Treasury
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related
- Progress towards CFA, FRM, or ERM preferred
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic and often undefined environment
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Minimum 2-3 years in energy or other commodity credit risk
- Understanding of the commodity trading business preferred
- Thorough knowledge of credit and risk management fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of ISDA, NAESB,EEI, and other legal documentation preferred
Noble Group Limited - 13 months ago