The Credit Analyst (CA) is responsible for:
- Managing an assigned portfolio of credit counterparties across the energy and agricultural industries.
- Working independently, proactively monitoring credit worthiness of assigned counterparties, communicating issues or concerns to senior credit management as well as traders and marketers.
- Working closely with the Credit Transaction Specialist (CTS) to fully comprehend the proposed trading activity, risks associated with the transactions and potential credit exposure.
- Providing justification through analysis of the counterparty business and financial performance in support of proposed credit limits.
- Building and maintaining relationships with counterparties to better understand their business and better communicate Noble's business and credit quality.
- Produce thorough timely written reports (2-3 per week) detailing proposed transactions and analyzing counterparty credit quality through in depth but concise analysis of business factors and financial statements, all in support of appropriate credit limits.
- Proactively monitor counterparty risks, evaluating news, market information, information gained from traders/marketers, and information gained through counterparty relationships with the goal detecting potential deterioration in counterparty credit quality and reducing potential credit losses.
- Build and maintain relationships with counterparties.
- Daily monitoring of counterparty exposures and taking appropriate action when exposure exceeds approved limits.
- Set and negotiate credit terms for master trading agreements (ISDA, NAESB, EEI, etc) working closely with legal documentation team.
- Work closely with CTS to fully understand proposed transactions and their associated risks
- Coordinate with other functional teams including Contracts, Legal, Operations and Treasury
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related
- Progress towards CFA, FRM, or ERM preferred
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic and often undefined environment
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Minimum 3-4 years in energy or other commodity credit risk
- Understanding of the commodity trading business preferred
- Thorough knowledge of credit and risk management fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of ISDA, NAESB,EEI, and other legal documentation
Noble Group Limited - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -