Ryerson Inc, one of the largest distributors and processors of metal in the US, is currently seeking Credit Analysts to join our credit department in Coon Rapids, MN. The Credit Analyst position is responsible for maintaining or improving the accounts receivable portfolio for assigned branches, and all the adjunct responsibilities that go with managing the AR portfolio (credit reviews, limit increases/decreases, held orders, placement for collection/legal, and concise communication of expected results). Job performance must be done in such a manner that the Credit Analyst remains within their level(s) of authority, is able to make independent decisions, is customer-centric (internally and externally), and able to communicate and interact with all levels and departments within the Ryerson organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Concise communication with customers; outlining expectations and requirements to achieve desired results
• Pro-active approach to managing priorities
• Comprehensive understanding of commercial credit law
• Ability to drive results through continuous improvement
• Negotiate for win-win results for Ryerson and the customer
• Perform multiple tasks and achieve desired results and meet required deadlines on all tasks
• Demonstrated ability to perform within a team environment and add to the overall success of the team
• Timely reporting to management and branches on progress with past due accounts and major account balances
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Proficient with MS-Office Suite applications (MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Outlook), SAP experience a plus
• Candidate should be willing to work toward a professional designation (CBA, CBF, CCE)
• B.A. or B.S. in Business, Finance and/or Accounting or relevant work experience. NACM designation preferred.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible credit experience in an industrial and/or service center or similar environment preferred
• Working knowledge of MS-Office Suite applications (MS-Excel, MS-Word and MS-Outlook)
• SAP experience
• Able to perform job duties under stressful conditions
Ryerson is an international, diversified company that processes and distributes metals. The company serves industries including aerospace,...