REPORTS TO: Director – AgDirect & CHL Credit
Provide underwriting functions for AgDirect, including intermediate term loans and leases. Establish and maintain sound credit administration. Participate as a key team member in supporting all process and sales efforts of the Association's AgDirect products. Perform other credit-related functions, including support for the Association's Country Home Loan and traditional agricultural loan products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide analysis and underwriting of AgDirect intermediate loan and lease applications primarily utilizing consumer credit scoring. Responsible for analyzing customer financial statements when required, which may include balance sheets, trend analysis, income statements, cash flows, collateral analysis, performance reconciliations and credit bureau reports.
2. Partner with AgDirect and Farm Credit Leasing teammates to design and underwrite transactional credits to meet customer needs. Negotiate approval terms and conditions for loan/leases that require a manual underwriting process. Provide rationale for application denials.
3. Establish and maintain sound credit administration. Adhere to company credit philosophy, procedures and guidelines. Educate and counsel the AgDirect Team regarding the Association’s credit philosophy.
4. Determine level of financial information necessary. Complete documentation to support decisions made. Establish appropriate loan terms and conditions for the purpose of managing the loan risks.
5. Serve as backup underwriting support for the Association’s other credit underwriting teams.
Level 20: Primarily work on less complex credits receiving oversight and guidance as needed from other Credit Analysts and leader.
Level 21: Primarily work on most complex credits providing mentoring and guidance to level 20 Credit Analysts as needed. May represent team on cross-functional workgroup or teams.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or other related degree.
Level 20: A minimum of 2-4 years of experience and/or education related to lending/credit analysis. Experience with an agricultural or trade credit organization preferred.
Level 21: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience and/or education related to lending/credit analysis. Experience with an agricultural or trade credit organization is preferred.
• Demonstrated competence in consumer and transactional credit scoring.
• Demonstrated analytical and general credit skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Effective group presentation skills.
• Strong desire to work and contribute, in a team environment, to building a specialized residential program for the rural marketplace.
• Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
Extensive internal contact with AgDirect team, retail staff, and Farm Credit Leasing partner. Limited external contact with AgDirect dealers.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to use computer and other related office equipment to accomplish work objectives. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
• Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
• Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
• Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
• Ability to operate the telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
• Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
• Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
• Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position. Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation on a limited basis.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...