Astro-Med, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high tech specialty printing systems and test and measurement instruments used around the world in a wide range of applications. It is a growth orientated company which believes in vigorous product development, high product quality, and total customer satisfaction.
We currently have an opening for a Credit Manager . The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the Credit Department team, establishing credit limits, ensuring accurate cash application of customer payment and delivering a high performing customer friendly department.
- Direct and manage the credit department staff
- Interpret customer information to determine credit worthiness.
- Establish and maintain both new and existing customer credit lines.
- Manage and direct the cash application process
- Monitor the aged Accounts Receivable Aging and assist with the calculation of appropriate reserve levels.
- Make write off recommendations to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
- Work with the Sales Groups to ensure high level of customer service.
- Work with our local bank to ensure an effective lockbox process
- Manage the collection process of delinquent accounts, including establishing relationships with collection agencies and attorneys.
- Reviews and recommends accounts for legal action.
- Conducts monthly past due meetings to stay abreast of delinquent accounts.
- Prepare a quarterly Credit Report to the Corporate Controller
- Calculate and manage export dealer rebates.
5 years of commercial credit and collections experience. Working knowledge of Dunn & Bradstreet reports, establishing customer credit limits and letters of credit.
Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or related field a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes salary, medical/dental insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, employee stock purchase plan, educational assistance and more.