Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in e-commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel e-commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running an e-commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
Digital River World Payments is part of Digital River’s comprehensive portfolio of global e-commerce solutions. Available on a full-service and stand-alone basis, Digital River World Payments offers solutions that enable online merchants to manage the entire payment lifecycle through a single connection rather than dealing with multiple services and vendors. Digital River World Payments offers local and relevant payment options in more than 190 countries and over 170 transaction and display currencies. Available payment services include checkout page optimization, real-time fraud detection, solutions to manage PCI exposure and currency risk, as well as advanced back-office reconciliation services and business intelligence tools.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1200 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
The main role of the Analyst Credit Risk Management & Compliance is to support company revenue growth by minimizing losses and approving new clients while proactively balancing risk/reward factors, legal requirements and brand (card) scheme regulations. Responsibilities include customer due diligence, performing due diligence for account portfolio (credit) risk, fraud management, and on-going audits to ensure an adequate level of protection is maintained and overall account risk matches creditworthiness and/or collateral in place. He/she advice the Vice President Risk & Compliance in maintaining and improving daily client screening processes and policies. The primary activities of the Analyst, Compliance & Credit Risk Management demand strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret financial data; while Digital River World Payments / Beanstream’s dynamic business activities require the aptitude for continuous interpretation and change management.
- Effectively process and manage real time on-line decisions and applications through risk systems while justifying all recommendations. Mitigate and minimize and operational risk of bad debt and negative collections by negotiating collateral requirements and restructuring contract terms as required.
- Monitor ‘high’-risk accounts by periodic review and detecting and investigating potential fraud, ensuring proper actions are taken when risk triggers are reached to proactively limit company exposure to fraudulent activities. Evaluate performance against predetermined targets and develop strategies to facilitate review and quantification of overall company financial risk exposure
- Provide daily ongoing support to the sales department and client services team including; EFT processing account reviews, merchant account processing limit changes, re-evaluating collateral requirements as requested, review suspected fraudulent processing activity, and provide training, risk tools and resources for fraud prevention.
- Monitor the level of negative collections and account receivables for settlement and on-hold/release remittance of new and current account decisions.
- Responsible for implementing and overseeing the framework for managing compliance and credit risk, including reporting to the leadership team, and for further development of best practices, strategy and policy for financial risk management. Identify emerging trends and regulatory requirements related to payment risk to ensure business strategies are aligned with the operational environment.
- Responsible for project work with the development team to ensure credit risk and fraud monitoring requirements are being met during new product releases, card association regulation changes, reporting enhancements, and internal fraud system control upgrades.
- Relationship management contact for Beanstream external banking partners in risk management and fraud monitoring
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Four year degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years in risk profile analysis in a business environment, developing risk metrics and key indicators, and trend analysis
- Minimum of 2 years in a customer-facing role
- University degree in Business preferred or equivalent
- eCommerce or card scheme experience and knowledge preferred
Digital River, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees. Our program offers a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, on-site fitness center, and vacation days.
- Accurate, inquisitive and analytic
- Excellent financial analysis, corporate credit risk analysis, and financial modelling skills
- Demonstrable track record of achievement in credit risk management in a Financial Services environment.
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude and energetic disposition
- Well organised with strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Affinity with Data mining and IT-related projects
- Able to generate respect from various internal and external stakeholder groups
- Acts with integrity and trust
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.