Credit and Collection Analyst - Contract
Grow with us as a Credit and Collection Analyst - Contract at Kellogg Canada! You will be providing hands-on leadership for delivering consistent and reliable performance on the fulfillment of the entire Accounts Receivable (A/R) process which includes, the collection of invoices, cash application, and deduction management for specific customers. You will also be providing your expertise with the reconciliation of all the A/R Financial transactions to the general ledger, bank statement, sales posting, and various other month end A/R analysis.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In this role, you will maximize cash flow for Kellogg Canada through minimal Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and by effectively managing trade and nontrade customer deductions while meeting our internal control requirements. Furthermore, you will be performing daily and monthly A/R reconciliations and analysis, while working across Sales, Finance, and Customer Service & Logistics functions.
In your role as the Credit and Collection Analyst, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Delivering the A/R results while maintaining professional and ethical relationships with Internal and External Customers.
- Ensure customer compliance to Kellogg Canada Terms of Sale, ensure accurate deduction process.
- Supporting the implementation of our new SAP system as it pertains to cash applications and deduction management.
- Partnering with Sales, Finance, Sales Finance, Customer Service and Logistics Teams for effective resolution of deductions.
- Identify trends and resolve issues as they pertain to late payments and invalid customer deductions.
- Work closely with the Sales teams to understand and validate customer’s promotional deals and contracts.
- Investigate and reconcile any over/short/damaged customer deductions.
- Applying Cash to the customer accounts in SAP.
- Charge back any invalid customer deductions and work with customer to obtain repayment.
- Supporting Company internal controls to facilitate the research of post audits.
- Monitoring customer accounts to ensure they are kept into a current status.
- Support and collaborate with team to help achieve monthly and quarterly results.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Credit and Collection, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge and a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including the A/R reconciliation process.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to Credit, Collections and Deduction management.
- Proven experience analyzing customer deductions and collaborating with the internal stakeholders (e.g., Sales, Customer Service, Logistics etc.) to resolve and prevent future occurrences.
- Detail-oriented with proven analytical and problem solving capability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications with advanced level working experience in Excel.
- Proven ability to influence internal and external clients.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Proven ability to resolve outstanding problems and/or influencing stakeholder to take action.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- A College Degree in Business or Accounting is preferred.
- Holds or pursuing the Credit Institute Certified Credit Professional (CPP) is an asset.
- Experience managing collections and credits using SAP would be an asset.
- Bilingualism is preferred (English/French).
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
- Please note this contract opportunity extends to the end of December 2013.
Kellogg Company - 12 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....