The purpose of this position is to ensure the safety and quality of City Park properties, lands and facilities. This is accomplished by supervising and participating in various maintenance services. Other duties may include maintaining building systems, structure and property, obtaining bids for various maintenance projects, supervising work crew activities, assisting with special event and emergency situations, maintaining inventories, providing various forms of administrative service and interfacing with other City employees and citizens. This position provides direction to other employees.
The information listed below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
- Maintains Park and Recreation Buildings along with other City owned facilities by repairing, monitoring, and inspecting HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as well as the overall cleanliness and appearance of the buildings.
- Ensures building safety standards are maintained by inspecting the building and scheduling or completing any needed repairs.
- Operates and performs maintenance on equipment and tools required for facility maintenance and repair. Creates and maintains maintenance records for equipment and facility.
- Obtains bids and cost estimates for maintenance equipment and repairs completed by third party vendors. Orders supplies and equipment for routine maintenance projects.
- Supervises work crews by interviewing and selecting applicants, coordinating daily work activities, developing work schedules, providing feedback and evaluations, counseling and coaching employees and administering the disciplinary process.
- Maintains inventories by assessing material, supply and equipment needs, contacting vendors for bids, monitoring contractors, picking up parts from vendors or having parts delivered and ensuring proper orders are received.
- Provides various forms of administrative service by completing time sheets, maintaining records of work and logging schedules and daily work completed.
- May assist with special events and emergency situations by administering de-icer to sidewalks, cleaning up after high water events and providing other forms of assistance as requested.
Formal Education / Knowledge
Work requires knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical, and office processes. Level of knowledge equivalent to four years of high school or equivalency.
A minimum of two (2) years of relevant building/facility maintenance experience and two (2) years HVAC experience is required.
Certification and Other Requirements
Valid Texas Class C Drivers License and a driving record in good standing. Applicants with HVAC certification are preferred.
This is a physically demanding position requiring an individual to exert 50-100 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently and up to 10-20 lbs. constantly.
Intermediate - Ability to read papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Basic - Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Basic - Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Receives general directions. The employee normally performs the job by following established standard operating procedures and/or policies. The employee may choose the appropriate procedure or policy. Performance is reviewed periodically.
Supervisory / Organizational Control
Work requires functioning as a lead worker performing essentially the same work as those directed, and includes overseeing work quality, training, instructing, and scheduling work.
Work requires analysis and judgment in accomplishing diversified duties. Requires the exercise of independent thinking within the limits of policies, standards, and precedents.
Interpersonal / Human Relations Skills
Discussion Occasional: 20% or less of work time.
City of Allen, TX - 7 months ago