Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Determine trends in criminal activities, traffic accidents and other related activities by collecting and analyzing a variety of documentation including crime reports and traffic crash reports/DWI offender activity reports; and perform a variety of administrative and professional tasks in support of assigned area of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements:
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in police science, criminal justice, public administration, mathematics/statistics or a related field, plus three (3) years of crime and/or traffic activity analysis and research experience.
- Operations, services and activities of a crime and/or traffic activity analysis program
- Principles and practices of program development and implementation
- Principles of data collection and analysis
- Recent developments, current literature and information related to crime and/or traffic activity analysis
- Principles, practices, methodologies and techniques of crime and/or traffic crash activity analysis and prevention, law enforcement and police records processing
- Modern office equipment including computers
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and safety regulations
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Coordinate crime and/or traffic activity analysis support activities
- Perform statistical research and analysis
- Recommend and implement goals and objectives for providing crime and/or traffic activity analysis and research
- Interpret and explain City policies and procedures
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the granting agency, sworn and civilian APD employees, and the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public