The Critical Product Manager is responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating identified critical high volume supplies used within critical supply areas including but not limited to the OR, Cath Lab, GI Lab, and Radiology. Communicates with vendors to expedite transactions, product implementation and cost analysis. Coordinates the supply aspect of critical supply areas in a cost-effective manner while delivering quality service to the customer.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Works collaboratively with supply chain to ensure alignment and achievement of hospital and Ascension Health goals.
- Liaison between clinically critical items and resource and supply management group.
- Responsible for appropriate procurement and use of critical high volume supplies and equipment based on Decision Team and financial analyses within the critical supply area.
- Facilitates Decision Teams with physicians and clinicians to ensure optimal clinical and cost benefit decision-making especially for the high value physician preference supplies.
- Coordinates trials and introduction of new supplies with the OR staff and physicians.
- Assists with coordinating in-services with the staff in the critical supply areas.
- Leads cost reduction strategies with the critical supply areas that engage physicians, clinicians, and administration.
- Collaborates with Nurses and Physicians, Supply Chain, and other hospital departments as needed.
- Reviews departmental need for supplies, advances in technology, and input from physicians and other clinical staff; makes recommendations and offers possible alternatives.
- Justifies variances and monitors compliance to establish inventory control standards in coordination with inventory suppliers.
- Collaborates with the financial services division staff to maintain compliance integrity and fiscal accountability for critical supply products.
- Monitors the vendor credentialing program for the critical supply areas.
- Demonstrates quality improvement, analytical, and implementation skills with regard to clinical process.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing and be able to articulate the opportunities and challenges involved in supply acquisition, introduction, and implementation.
Limited travel required for local Health Ministry, Ministry Market or Saint Louis Supply Chain meetings or initiatives.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- This position requires 3 to 5 years of Operating Room Nursing or certified Surgical Technician experience, demonstrated analytical experience, and inventory control or purchasing experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in related field from four year college or university is required; Bachelor’sdegree in business or nursing-related field preferred.
- Licensure as RN, Certified Materials and Resources Professional (CMRP), Certified Materials Professional (CMP) or Certified Materials Manager credentials preferred.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts related to financial cost analysis, procurement and accounting practices
- Reasoning ability: Ability to solve practical problems and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedure, or regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Writing may require abstraction of datafrom multiple sources.
- Problem solving: Solutions require critical thinking, research, analysis, etc.
- Computer skills: Intermediate-level word processing, spreadsheet, database skills. Financial and inventory control software knowledge
- High ethical standards
Ascension Health - 18 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...