Legend Retirement Corporation, a leading developer and operator of independent living and assisted-living communities for seniors, currently seeks an experienced Culinary Director / Executive Chef for its retirement community in Port St Lucie, Florida - The Brennity at Port St Lucie, formerly, Abingdon at Tradition.
As part of our service package, we offer a high-end, casual American style dining experience.
The Culinary Director / Executive Chef’s primary objective is to provide high-quality food in taste and appearance and ensure that it is served in an appropriate style while maintaining budgetary and sanitary compliance.
This position is responsible for all aspects of food service operations in the community, including food preparation, menu planning, ordering, budget compliance, delivery and the day-to-day management, hiring and over site of the culinary team in cooperation with the dining room manager.
Skills / Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess two or more years’ proven experience leading a large team of line cooks and servers. Additionally, this person should be able to create menus focused on providing a wide-range of American cuisine presented with creative flair.
Other skills and experience requirements include the following:
• A comprehensive knowledge of culinary practices and procedures, including cost controls and menu planning.
• An understanding of various styles of dining room service and their proper execution.
• Possess strong leadership & supervisory skills and the willingness to train, counsel and effectively manage team members.
• Commitment to cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the Culinary Department
• Experienced problem solver that exercises good judgment.
• Possess basic computer literacy skills.
• Have current ServSafe Certification and Food Handler permit as regulated by state and local authorities.
• Able to pass background check, pre-employment drug screen and meet driver policy requirements.
Sagora Senior Living - 16 months ago