The Curriculum Developer is responsible for curriculum adaptation and development of courses through the Moenahä Framework for Hawaiian learners. Designs, develops, curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment tools through the use of the Moenahä templates: Kumu, Lau, Lama and Kupu. Gathers and provides resources to support curriculum and instruction implementation. Translates evaluation findings into curriculum strategies and program modifications. Works in a collaborative environment with Kamehameha Schools staff, and others.
Develops an array of multidisciplinary curriculum materials for either elementary, middle school, or high school audiences that apply culture-based educational strategies to address learner outcomes outlined in the Hawaii State Content Performance Standards/Common Core State Standards, in alignment with content guidelines, essential questions, and guiding questions provided.
Apply and use Moenahä-focused instructional design principles and assessment strategies to adapt and develop curriculum for teaching. This includes: researching, developing, preparing, and adapting instructional materials (multimedia presentations, handouts, readings, quizzes, tests, etc.).
Advises and provides consultation and technical assistance to program staff on all aspects of curriculum, instruction, and assessment development, implementation, and evaluation.
Designs evaluation process to assess the effectiveness of courses
Acts as liaison with other agencies on related aspects of the program.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Over 5 years of related work experience.
- Ability to create/have strong background in creating—using the Moenahä Framework—curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment tools for K-12 use.
- Ability to work in/with team members to produce curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessment tools; to gather and appropriately apply resources to support curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Demonstrated basic competence with computers and a basic suite of desktop applications (word processing, presentation, spreadsheet), email, Web browsing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments.
- Masters Degree in Curriculum & Instruction or in related field.
- Familiarity and experience with Kamehameha Schools, Kauhale Kïpaipai courses and Hawaiian cultural and/or educational programming.
- A “can do” attitude, demonstrated by recent accomplishments preferred.
Kamehameha Schools - 17 months ago
Kamehameha Schools provides an education fit for a king ... or queen. The private charitable trust was founded and endowed by Princess...