Grade Level Curriculum Writer
Part Time opportunity @ $45/hr.
Minimum 10 hours per week.
Work from Home
Superior Group is assisting our customer with a Nationwide Staffing Initiative. We are looking for part-time curriculum writers to assist in developing resources and supporting initiatives to assist states, districts, and schools with implementing the State Standards.
The Grade Level Curriculum Writer is a critical position on the project with responsibility for developing curricular tools below the modular and topic levels, based on topic guides provided by the Grade Level Lead Writer/Coordinator. Curriculum Writers also play an important part in ensuring the design and delivery of PD faithfully presents the curriculum and can engender in teachers the capacity to powerfully deliver the lessons in their classrooms. The Curriculum Writer works under the direction of the Grade Level Curriculum Writer/Coordinator.
Specifically, the Curriculum/PD Specialist will:
- Develop Lesson Plans, according to the template provided, including Student Classwork, Homework, and Assessment Tasks.
- Create scaffolds/accommodations to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners, students with special needs, students performing below grade level, and students performing above grade level.
- Work with Mathematicians to ensure the math of the lesson is accurate and presented in a developmentally appropriate hierarchy.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Grade Level Lead Writer/Coordinator to ensure lessons meet the high standards set for the project and are consistent with lessons being developed across the grades.
- Revise lessons as indicated from the review processes of the project.
- Provide advice and support to the professional development team to ensure faithful representation of the curriculum in the PD design and delivery.
- Participate as requested (and available) in providing face-to-face and web-based professional development to New York State educators on use of the curricular tools developed.
- Provide his/her services to ensure the goals of the project are being met with the highest standards of quality and in a timely manner.
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com. EOE M/F/D/V
Required Skills / Qualifications:
Certified Teacher or Teaching Degree
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience teaching elementary math (multiple grade levels not essential).
- Knowledge of elementary mathematics.
- Knowledge of elementary school students.
- Simple ability to bring those two elements together, mathematics and students, hence extensive experience planning lessons for daily instruction.
- Deep knowledge of the State Standards for Mathematics.
- The desire to work as part of a creative, professional, collaborative team, to take risks within that team, be accountable, non-defensive, and reflectively vocal.
Superior Technical Resources - 20 months ago
Priding itself on its superior operations, Superior Energy Services provides specialized oil field services to companies operating in the...