We are seeking to establish a pool of qualified applicants for Part Time Instruction in various areas for Community Education and Workforce Development faculty for term by term teaching assignments on the Curry Campus.
Southwestern’s Community and Workforce Development department is establishing a pool of part time instructors for community education classes and workforce development trainings. Our goal is to provide quality life-long learning and personal enrichment opportunities to the community. Potential instructors, in general, should have demonstrated knowledge through education and experience in their subject area.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education requirements varies based on subject area.
Applicant must have experience in the field. Student and instructional success is directly related to the quality of the educational experience.
· You must have the ability to work independently and professionally in areas of instruction.
· Mastery of the subject area at a sufficient level to instruct students in the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for success in the course.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn teaching methods to instruct students of a variety of ages, backgrounds and learning abilities.
· Ability to work with college faculty and staff at all levels.
· The ability to communicate effectively in writing using the English language with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services.
· A level of computer literacy sufficient to use software such as word processing.
Additional Job Information: