Under general direction of a lead worker or supervision by departmental administrator, performs duties to provide care, cleaning & maintenance of building, furniture & fixtures.
- Adheres to all OSHA &/or Ohio University required safety guidelines.
- Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, polishes & renews floor surfaces; cleans & shampoos rugs & carpets; washes walls; cleans, dusts & waxes furniture & fixtures; cleans glass & mirrors; cleans & empties trash receptacles; may remove & hand drapes; removes snow & ice from walkways and entrance areas; reports need for equipment repair; reports evidence of fire, illegal entry & theft of property; checks in supplies; stocks supply areas; may assist in washing & sanitizing dishes, glassware, utensils, pots & pans; cleans & sanitizes bathroom fixtures & drinking fountains. Operates dish machine/pot washer to clean and sanitize dishes, glasses, pans, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must indicate at the time of offer whether they accept or decline the position.
- Knowledge of methods, materials & equipment used in sanitation & safety areas of dining, residential, academic, & administrative units.
- Ability to count & use whole numbers, read & write common vocabulary.
- Ability to mix cleaning compounds & follow safety procedures, lift up to 50 pounds, and effectively use a 15 foot ladder.
- May require valid Driver’s License.
- Completion of a test may be required.
- May climb ladders; may be exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Must have an established pattern of good work habits and performance with good interpersonal skills.
- We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Candidates may contact management during the posting period to tour the work area and ask questions regarding the expectations of the position.
- Knowledge of custodial safety practices*,
- Skill in operation of cleaning equipment*(electric scrubbers, buffers & vacuum cleaners)
- Developed after employment.
Ohio University - 10 months ago