UALR Functional Title
Custodian / R97308
Donaghey Student Center
The Custodian is responsible for general cleaning of Student Center, Fitness Center, laboratories, offices and other areas as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Dust mop, wet mop and use upright vacuum cleaner.
- Handle maid carts.-Empty wastebaskets, replace trash bags and dump trash.
- Dust wipe desk tops, tables, shelves, etc. Some shelves may be over the head in height.
- Replace tissue paper, paper towels and soap.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming and mopping as required.
- Cleans restroom facilities.-Assists with paper recycle pick up.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and perform repetitive manual work.
- Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture.
- Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to start, hold, use and operate custodial equipment used in custodial maintenance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
05 - Criminal/Sex/Drug
Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Daily, Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Frequently, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Frequently, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Daily, Lifting 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Daily, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Long Distances; Daily, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Daily, Carrying 50 plus lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Daily, Speaking; Non-Essential, Hearing: Non-Essential
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Sufficient noise to cause applicant to shout in order to be heard, Exposure to vibrating movements of the extremities or whole body, Hazards - definite risk of bodily injury, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, etc., Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, sex offender registry and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 13 months ago