The Custodian 4 – Supervisor is a full-time, classified position at Seattle Central Community College (SCCC). This position will manage custodial, housekeeping, and general maintenance for SCCC. The Custodian 4 will also train subordinates and perform administrative tasks such as recommending budget levels for supplies and equipment, staffing levels, staff training requirements, and department policies and procedures. |
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Given the financial challenges the State of Washington has been facing, employees currently in, or hired into, classified positions making $2500/month or more, represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) will take a one year 3% cut in salary effective July 1, 2012 through June 29, 2013. Rate posted above represents the 3% reduction.
- Working supervisor performing custodial tasks as required.
- Supervise, direct, evaluate, and instruct employees, in cleaning and housekeeping duties.
- Schedule, assign work to employees and inspects and reports areas cleaned.
- Act on leave requests and evaluates the performance.
- Instruct employees in proper cleaning techniques and safety practices; maintain compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Follow established Safety and Training programs.
- Assist in the maintenance of budget control of labor & materials.
- Prepare a variety of reports, such as custodial work load analysis, records and quality control operations.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained.
- Determine staffing needs for buildings; oversee activities in assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Occasionally drive light trucks, vans and other mobile equipment.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School graduation or GED, AND two (2) years full-time work experience supervising and/or directing others in a large-scale housekeeping, janitorial, general or building maintenance or custodial work; OR any combination of relevant education, training and experience that indicates successful performance of this position.
- Must possess the ability to speak, read, write and understand basic English language.
- Work experience must include per-forming floor and carpet care.
- Must have experience using a personal computer and Microsoft Office Suite software programs.
- Trade School Certificate and one (1) year of full-time supervisory work experience.
- Associate Degree.