Custodian I -REPOST
Posted May 21, 2013 by Kern Community College District
Category: Facilities Management
Custodian I -REPOST
Kern Community College District
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform routine day or evening custodial activities at an assigned school campus or other assigned District facility; maintain buildings and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Proper methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in modern custodial work.
• Modern cleaning methods including basic methods of cleaning floors, blackboards, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Requirements of maintaining District buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
• Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
• Proper lifting techniques.
• Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or other District facility.
• Maintain District buildings and adjacent grounds in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
• Use cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Operate a variety of custodial equipment, such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber.
• Maintain tools and equipment in clean working order.
• Move and arrange furniture and equipment for meetings and special events.
• Observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair.
• Perform minor non-technical repairs.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Work cooperatively with others.
• Meet the essential physical function of this job which is the ability to lift at least 75 pounds.
• Successful completion of a fitness for duty physical including drug screen.
Environment – Indoor and outdoor work environment. Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.
Physical demands – Incorporated within one or more of the previously mentioned essential functions of this job description are essential physical requirements.
Hazards – Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals. Working on ladders.
Education and Experience
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance. Any combination equivalent to: at least six months related experience.
Position Number: 00672
Posting Date 05/20/2013
Open Until Filled Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $2,050.83 per month
Maximum Salary: $2,483.26 per month
College/Site Porterville College
Location PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade 31.5
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Monday, June 3, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3284
- 2 years ago - save job