This position is located in Kearny Mesa
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years’ progressive experience with medical billing, patient accounting department, member services, or claims processing department required.
- Three (3) years' current customer service required.
- Previous call center environment strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of technical or professional medical billing practices including understanding of contract language strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, procedure and diagnosis codes, CPT codes and HCPCS codes required.
- Previous use of an Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system in a call center environment strongly preferred.
- Clear understanding of Fair Debt and Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of PC functionality required.
- Ability to type 45 wpm required.
- Knowledge of basic math skills required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
This Customer Service Representative position is responsible for responding to patients regarding medical billing questions, concerns, and inquiries promptly, courteously and professionally. Most issues require intervention including updating customers, as appropriate, on outcome until a resolution is found.
This position will receive and resolve incoming calls for the division of Community Care in a manner reflecting the Mission, Values, and Philosophy of Sharp HealthCare. This position will assist other Patient Financial Service personnel and participate in special assignments as needed. This position will keep management updated regarding unique, extreme, or repetitive situations. This position will comply with all safety regulations, policies, and procedures as defined by Sharp HealthCare.
PFS Customer Service Department is a call center for Sharp Healthcare Hospitals and Sharp Rees-Stealy. We assist patients with billing questions. Our goal is to provide quality service to our patients and customers. We strive for excellence in the resolution of patient inquires.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 23 months ago