At tw telecom , employees are part of a diverse, imaginative and talented team of people. In fact, the answer to our success is and always has been in our people – we value them, reward them, and empower them to succeed.
We give our people a voice by listening to what’s important to our employees and our customers.
Tw telecom employees enjoy many rewards for working for a company that offers such things as: excellent competitive benefits, a 401k match of 5% with no vesting period, an employee recognition program, internal training, endless career advancement opportunities, leadership training, cutting edge technology – and many, many more.
Why This Job?
If you are interested in working with a great team of dedicated professionals then tw telecom might be a great place for you to continue your career.
We are seeking a critical contributor to the overall account team by providing post-install customer lifecycle support on high-profile, large revenue, strategic customers to support the account team’s effort to retain the customer’s business and services.
If you are an energetic team player with a passion for providing customized support with strategic accounts, you may be eligible to become a member of our tw telecom team.
The Customer Account Manager (CAM) serves as the dedicated point of contact for assigned customers for all post-implementation requests. The CAM is a member of the customers' account team, helping the customer navigate tw telecom -- interacting with Sales, Order Management, Care Center, NOC, Billing and other internal organizations on behalf of the customer. The CAM provides individualized customer support.
The Key to Your Success
- Manage high-profile tw telecom customers. Establish and manage customer relationships and experiences, ensuring customer continuously receives committed service by tw telecom as a part of customer segmentation definitions.
- Up to 20% travel – must have personal credit card for travel reservations – for post-trip reimbursements
- Manages contractual obligations to ensure compliance is maintained with terms and conditions specified in contracts/Master Service Agreements. Identifies expiring services, contracts, and opportunities to generate additional revenue.
- Arranges and co-hosts meetings with account team for each assigned account to:
- Maintain and enhance customer relationships, retain existing business, assist with identifying new opportunities to support sales growth and/or discuss ongoing activities
- Coordinates or participates in customer stewardship reports, obtaining customer ratings of company performance regarding responsiveness, ability to meet contractual obligations, customer relationship, etc.
- Train customers on user facing applications such as MyPortal, Invoice View, etc. Follow up with customers to ensure their understanding and use of the applications. Participate in user testing with developers of the application creation and provide feedback to improve upon the customer experiences.
- Strong communication skills – in person, by phone and in writing
To Achieve Your Objectives
- Participate and host high-profile customer-facing meetings with members of account team and management as needed or required by customer. Report and escalate, to members of senior management, the results of ongoing issues, account relationships, strategic direction and annual plans for continual account improvement as a part of the overall account team.
- Generates and compiles various reports as scheduled or requested by customer regarding contractual agreements. These reports include, but are not limited to, creation and management of inventory and billing, volume credit discount calculations, expiration data, and trouble ticket data.
- Monitors assigned account activities (e.g., trouble tickets, bill disputes and reports, collections) and follows up as necessary to research, facilitate, and ensure resolution. Recognizes and escalates at risk customer situations through management chain/assigned Account Manager.
- Manage customer contact information in various systems include SMART and CAM. Ensure that the correct customer contact data is available for use by maintenance, network operations, sales, etc.
What We Are Looking For
- Recent experience providing high-touch customer service is required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Communicate in person, by phone, and in writing
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in the telecommunications industry is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business or telecommunications or equivalent combination of application education/experience.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office software suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook is required.
- Experience clearly communicating and presenting ideas and concepts to others, including large groups of decision makers is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Every decision made at tw telecom concerning hiring, promotion, compensation, training, assignment of job responsibilities, termination, or any other aspect of the employment relationship is to be made without regard to any legally protected characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, verteran's status, or other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws. tw telecom strives for a workplace free or unlawful discrimination and harassment, including but not limited to racial, sexual, ethnic or religious.
Thank you for your interest in tw telecom
TW Telecom - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
tw telecom inc., formerly Time Warner Telecom Inc., is a provider of managed network services, specializing in ethernet and data networking,...