The Network Operations Center (CAC) agent primary responsibility will be remotely troubleshooting alarms and technical issues as reported by fault monitoring system or from customers directly. The (CAC) engineer will remotely monitor, troubleshoot, debug, and escalate complex issues in telecom related systems. They will also play a key role in management of national activities including ticket handling, technician and subcontract allocation and customer communication, with the ability to handle multiple responsibilities while balancing customer and company priorities.
- CW ticket creation for MAC and or Maintenance/T&M related issues
- Daily review of area/national service boards, aging tickets, sub contractor tickets, ticket updating, and ticket closure.
- Manage manpower/resources including technician allocation
- Handling of incoming calls and emails
- Analyze and maintain CW database with highly sensitive product, customer, and technician information
- Communicate with customers regarding response and status, coverage, and pricing
- Parts Ordering, review, and follow up
- Update and maintain call and alarm handling instructions.
- Attend departmental staff meetings
- Fault monitoring, troubleshooting, testing, repair, move-add-change request, and preventative maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Initiates, tracks, updates, and closes trouble tickets
- Maintain detailed documentation of problem resolution activities.
- Keep management informed of unusual maintenance problems and user response to repairs and general services.
- Work on special projects for management and other related duties as directed by management.
- Communicate both verbally and written the details surrounding customer issues.
- Works with other team members when necessary to correct or improve network performance
- Diligent in documenting, updating and maximizing effectiveness of internal ticketing system.
- Perform system maintenance activities as required.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- High School Diploma, Associate Degree, and/or two years technical training in the communications/technology field with strong desire for professional development and continued learning
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including advanced to intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work as a team member, handle large quantities of information while maintaining a high level of accuracy, multi-tasking, rapid change in duties, and prioritize and perform work with limited supervision
- Preferred practical understanding of basic telephony such as wiring, networking, telephones and trunking associated with the traditional and converged systems
- Must be task oriented person with strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent multitasking and managing multiple open service requests.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills
- Ensure tickets and monitoring alerts are handled per SLA's for response time, updates and closure.
- Must be willing to work after hour shifts and/or weekends.
- Shifts may include: 5am-1pm (Sat/Sun) and 1pm-9pm (Sat/Sun)
No Relocation Available. Preference will be given to local candidates.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altura sells and services converged solutions tailored to more than 6,000 businesses and organizations nationwide. Our industry-leading...