Customer Care Specialist &-
4 Temporary Full-Time Positions
Hiring Salary Range: $15.11 to $19.27/hourly
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water's Customer Relations Division is currently seeking four qualified candidates to fill four full-time temporary positions within our Customer Care Section as Customer Care Specialists.
Under supervision the qualified candidates will represent Denver Water as the first point of service to our customers in a contact center or processing environment. The selected candidates will perform a variety of customer care related activities such as; incoming and outgoing phone calls, written correspondence and email, records and billing activities and account management. The primary focus of these qualified candidates is to be the first contact resolution person and to provide quality customer service to our internal and external customers.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
Education Requirements: High school graduation or equivalent supplemented with additional training in p.c. applications and customer service related topics.
- Will be able to answer phones and respond to customer inquiries, problems or complaints regarding daily operational activity. Interprets policies and procedures, codes, regulations and standards to customers and others regarding operational activities, problems and complaints.
- Perform follow-ups, reviews and updates unresolved customer records or reports. Investigates simple and intermediate issues and follows through to a satisfactory conclusion. Processes payments and all associated activities, making necessary adjustments, corrections, and allocations to the records. Performs mathematical calculations related to billing.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves issues using available resources. Recognize, document, and alert the supervisor of trends in customer calls or daily workload. Authorizes and/or makes adjustments of customer bills in accordance with the department's Grants of Authority.
- Maintains automated financial and non-financial reports by reviewing data and taking necessary action. Enters data into CIS and proofs all data for accuracy. Creates Service and Maintenance Orders. Reconcile reports and statements by balancing and comparing computations of a varied range. Monitors and evaluates customer billing accounts and makes necessary adjustments.
- Meet productivity and service quality expectations. May assist in training new employees. May assist in other areas as needed.
- Qualifications for appointment:
- Knowledge of business English (i.e. grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure).
- Ability to organize, multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of/or ability to learn Denver Water's "Operating Rules" and "Engineering Standards" and communicate understanding to others.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn various software applications and operate standard office machines and equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
Experience Requirements: Two years' previous call center/records and billing/correspondence experience or equivalent face to face customer service in the service industry or other professional environment.
Other Requirements: May be required to demonstrate proficiency in P.C. applications and demonstrate accurate 10 key and typing at 35 words per minute. Ability to read, write and speak the Spanish language at a conversational level is preferred but not required.
Temporary employees do not receive Denver Water benefits.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
All candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
1600 W. 12th Ave.
Denver, CO. 80204-3412