Projected start date May/June 2013.
Join Nicor Gas an AGL Resources Company, as a Customer Care Specialist! If you are professional, energetic and ready to increase your earning potentials through a rewarding position, consider joining our Inbound Customer Service Call Center in Sycamore, Illinois.
At Nicor Gas, we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience around the clock, 24/7, 365 days a year. The nature of our business as a utility means that at any time, a customer may call with an emergency similar to the police or fire department. That is why Customer Care Specialists will need to be able to work flexible schedules. Work schedules may include weekends & holidays. Overtime may be available, and at times, it may be required with little or no notice.
The Customer Care Specialist will handle calls dealing with the following:
- Gas emergencies
- Requests for service
- Questions about bills
- Various other inquiries
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service, call center or telemarketing (sales) experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Typing Speed of 25 net wpm
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Bilingual/Spanish experience a plus
- Perfect attendance required for your first 120 days of employment
- No tardiness during your first 120 days of employment
- The potential applicant must receive a passing grade on all assessments during probation
- Call Center Hours of Operations 24/7, 365 days a year
- Typical hours during the training period are M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- During the probationary period, there is a possibility of overtime either before or after your scheduled shift.
- After the probationary period, Customer Care Specialists will work flexible hours including first and second shifts with the possibility of weekends, holidays and overtime either before or after your scheduled shift.
- Excellent benefits package which includes medical and dental insurance, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
- Competitive starting salary of: $15.69/hr to start, $15.99/hr after 120-day probationary period, $17.51/hr after 6 months.
- Bilingual/Spanish premium of $1.00/hr.
- Night shift premium of $1.50/hr per union contract.
- Paid vacation/holidays.
AGL Resources - 16 months ago
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...