Plymouth Rock, founded in 1982 by Jim Stone, former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, is a privately held insurance company that writes personal and commercial lines of business in the Northeastern United States. Today, Plymouth Rock, with more than $1billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, is comprised of a group of companies that were started or acquired to expand product offerings, channels of distribution, and the geographic footprint. With more than 800,000 policyholders, Plymouth Rock writes insurance through more than 800 independent agents.
The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Care Supervisor in our New Jersey Customer Care Department. This position is key to our leadership team. Our Customer Care Supervisors work as a team responsible for assuring the highest quality customer service is delivered to Plymouth Rock policyholders.
The Customer Care Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team of Customer Service Representatives to achieve the highest level of customer service possible and ensure departmental goals are achieved. The Supervisor must demonstrate the highest standard of quality service, commitment and courtesy in dealing with customers and co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Foster an environment that is team oriented, customer/agent responsive, and quality driven.
• Drive team performance and deliver on critical performance measures including team productivity, efficiency and quality.
• Interactively trains, guides, monitors, and develops associate performance to improve the customer experience.
• Conducts side by side call observations and provides overall support on the floor (escalations and questions).
• Completes monthly call and transaction quality review; facilitates coaching sessions; creates developmental action plans and performance evaluations.
• Approves and submits accurate timesheets and reviews attendance records.
• Identifies and communicates trends to the Customer Service Director, makes recommendations and/or participates on project teams to improve processes/procedures.
• Builds effective working relationships with peers; counterparts; and members of other functional areas of the company to encourage a team focus on implementing/supporting/achieving business goals and objectives.
• Supervisors should be available to work all shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS degree or commensurate customer service supervisory experience.
• P & C License and/or insurance product knowledge.
• Prior and/or current customer service experience.
• Basic understanding of call center operations
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• People management experience with demonstrated coaching/counseling, initiative, and leadership skills
• Strong team player
• Ability to make accurate decisions based upon facts presented, company guidelines and common sense
• Excellent computer and software skills are required, including Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure with minimal supervision are essential.
• Must be able to handle difficult situations in a professional manner and build employee loyalty.
LOCATION: Red Bank OR Berkeley Heights
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation - 17 months ago