The Wrigley Company is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, lollipops and chocolate. The company has operations in more than 40 countries and distributes its world-famous brands in more than 180 countries. Three of these brands - Juicy Fruit®, Wrigley's Spearmint®, and Altoids® - have heritages stretching back more than a century. Other well-loved brands include Orbit®, Extra®, Starburst®, Doublemint®, Skittles®, Freedent®, Airwaves®, Life Savers®, Eclipse®, and Winterfresh®. Wrigley is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated, a private, family-owned company founded in 1911. Mars, Incorporated is one of the world's largest food companies, generating global revenues of 30 billion dollars annually and producing some of the world's leading brands in six segments that include Chocolate, Drinks, Food, Petcare, Symbioscience and Wrigley.
Work directly with Strategic Customer Team members with assistance from the National Customer Marketing, Retail Marketing and Category Management functions in the creation and implementation of key strategies and programs that will deliver increases in sales, market share, and PFO for the Strategic Customer Team while operating within the annual Strategic Customer Team trade marketing budget.
A key concentration of this position will be to Support the Senior Customer Marketing Manager in the annual sales planning process in developing and managing annual account plans for use in volume and financial forecasting. To understand and support the needs of the Drug, VTC, Club, Mass and Ecommerce Channel Teams with the identification, creation and implementation of successful consumer fact-based strategies for brands that will lead to increases in sales, market share and PFO. Key responsibilities require working closely with Drug, VTC, Club, Mass and Ecommerce Channel Team members in coordinating efforts between National Customer Marketing & Category Management and Category Teams in the creation and implementation of trade channel strategies and programs.
Total sales revenue generated from the Strategic Team is in excess of $665MM annually with a Trade and Cost Share budget of approximately $70MM.
- Directly responsible for the VTC and Club Channels working collaboratively with our Sales Teams and the Strategic Growth Customer Team in the development of strategic and tactical solutions focused on item creation and packaging innovation as well as attend to the everyday business requirements for both the VTC and Club channels.
- Work closely with Team members with support from the Senior Customer Marketing, Manager to develop Brand strategies, programs and tactics across all Categories.
- Key contributor in the annual sales planning process as guided by the Sr. Customer Marketing Manager with an emphasis on delivering identified Wrigley goals and objectives that leverage customer opportunities for all brands.
- Responsible for the entire Seasonal process annual value $70MM from attending ECRM working in concert with Account Managers to present seasonal portfolio, responsible for working with third party to manage Customer mock up and sample requirements, provides timely information to ensure accurate Forecasts are provided and consolidates forecasts and communicates to the NCMM and Seasonal Brand, Demand Planning and Production and Supply Chain teams.
- Assists with managing the overall P&L, Trade, Below the Line (BTL) and Operating Budgets focused on effective execution and provide accurate reporting.
- Leads the bi-weekly National Customer Marketing meetings with a focus on key business requirements and timely decisions to drive results.
- Perform special projects or assignments as requested by the Vice President, Strategic Customers and the Senior Customer Marketing Manager.
- Shares responsibility with Sr. CMM in the execution of the IBP process includes developing templates, organizing calendar, conducting period forecast update meetings with sales teams, submitting revised forecast and bridge to Demand Planning.
- Leads Abnormal Demand Process from developing request with sales teams to submission, follow-up and approval critical in capturing incremental volume opportunities ensuring timely communication to Demand Planning and Supply Chain.
- Responsible for assisting sales teams with ad hoc requests such as the Drug Team shipment vs. consumption template, JPB at Target, Extra Care Card submissions at CVS, seasonal sell thru templates at Walgreens, new item forms at Rite Aid & Kmart, POG room work with Kmart, CVS trade show, CVS Charity Classic, IBP Template creation for VTC.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Experience in developing customer marketing strategies that will build volume, market share and PFO.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting, new product strategy development, promotional analysis, category management and actual in-field experience.
- Relationship building skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization at multiple levels.
- Ability to lead, conduct meetings, create and deliver formal presentations, along with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organization and problem solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Capable of working under time constraints in pressure situations as well as the ability to handle multi-tasked projects and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills with proven system experience with Preview, CView, SAP/BW, and IRI, and advanced computer and Microsoft Office suite a must.
Wrigley - 11 months ago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...