Under limited supervision, the CRT contacts subscribers who are in pending non-pay disconnect status with the goal of COLLECTING MONIES due; making arrangements to collect; or in the event the subscriber cannot be saved, physically disconnect the line at the telephone pole, pedestal, or MDU box and recover company equipment. Perform voluntary disconnects and equipment recovery as scheduled by the subscriber in similar manner.
• Interacts with delinquent customers to bring past due accounts to current status.
• Comprehension of delinquent accounts/billing and collection guidelines and procedures.
• Performs reconnects as necessary to retain customers.
• Serves as organizational agent committed to customer retention in competitive environment.
• Assists in achievement of customer service standards.
• Ability to exercise independent decision making with limited supervision.
• Demonstration of excellent customer relations skills to diffuse potential uncomfortable situations.
• Knowledgeable of Suddenlink products, services, packages and rates when responding to customers.
• Safeguard company assets by keeping record of equipment collected, issued and returned to/from inventory.
• Committed to teamwork and must adapt to changes in task and/or priorities.
• Must be objective, assertive and comfortable with sales/service environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high, and 75 pounds)
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
• Ability to drive Suddenlink vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Ability to work any shift based on business needs.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Appropriate valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Ability to comply with all Suddenlink implemented safety procedures
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Field service experience with cable, telecommunications or electronic equipment preferred
• Customer service and sales experience preferred
• Working indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
Suddenlink Communications offers all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected group status.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Suddenlink - 7 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...