Leading publisher seeks a pro-active self-starter to join our Fulfillment Service Center. This is a diverse position with an opportunity to assist customers in many ways and grow your skills. Will work in a team environment and be responsible for maintaining proactive communication with customers via phone, email or regular mail; cross selling products and services; troubleshooting and resolving customer issues; and assisting in streamlining of workflow processes and procedures, etc. The candidate must embrace technology and continually look to improve existing systems. The ideal person thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and consistently delivers high quality work. Looking for someone who is a quick learner, detail oriented, and is customer focused and self-motivated. Prior work in the Customer Service field with telephone, data entry and computer experience is a major plus. This is an opportunity to learn and grow with the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains proactive communication with customers via phone, email or regular mail. Cross sells products and services to customers.
- Meets established business and productivity objectives as well as established metrics.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all Taunton products.
- Provides customers with comprehensive product, service and online troubleshooting assistance.
- Researches, diagnoses and resolves client issues promptly and accurately to retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Confirms customer understanding of solution(s) and provides additional customer education and training as needed.
- Contributes ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Responsible for suggesting, promoting and selling alternative products or services.
- Provides advice and help to customers using Taunton products or services.
- Recognizes, documents, and informs the manager regarding trends in customer calls and emails.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Able to move easily between multiple applications and assignments based on ever changing priorities.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in data entry while interacting with clients.
- Phone sales experience a plus. Drive to retain existing customers and develop new business by closing sales quickly in a competitive marketplace.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- History of strong organizational skills.
- Experience in Outlook, Excel, Word and SharePoint is a plus.
- Degree preferred.