Customer Service Agent - Part Time - Chicago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol,
recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight
by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger
Basic Purpose Of Position
Deal directly with the public, other airlines and Company employees by providing Airport customer services in a manner prescribed by the Company.
Position Reports To: Manager, Customer Service &/or Customer Service Manager
Receives Functional Direction From: Managers, Lead Customer Service Agents, Aircraft Service Coordinators.
KEY ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES
. Ensure safety procedures are followed
- Check in Passengers issue boarding pass, seat selection and verify immigration documentation
- Check in baggage - ensure Company regulation regarding size/weight are complied with - collect excess charges.
- Make reservations
- Compute fares, issue tickets and provide passenger with relevant information, including Customs and Immigration requirements
- Perform Baggage Tracing duties.
- Coordinate the boarding of passengers onto the aircraft:
. Monitor carry on baggage
. Assist passengers as required
- Operate loading bridges
- Handle irate passengers/oversells and those affected by irregular operations.
- Handle VIP's
- Assist physical challenged passengers. includes pushing wheelchairs if required.
- Handle and account for cash/documents in accordance with Company regulations.
- May be required to man First Class Lounge to provide ticketing, check in, information assistance etc. to passengers.
- Update records in Res III as required to ensure proper processing of passengers at next point of contact.
- Maintain all Company standards.
- In the absence of Manager or Lead Customer Service Agents make, carry out and document decisions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the work unit and protect Company interests.
- Inform staff either verbally or in writing, as required, of changes in rules, methods or procedures.
- Ensure that all necessary supplies and material are on hand in sufficient quantity.
- Collect and compile statistical data.
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative.
- Must be capable of expressing self in a clear and pleasant manner.
- Ability to work under pressure with a minimum of supervision
- Must wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standards.
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time.
- Must, after training, be able to efficiently use the Companys' automated reservations, ticketing and baggage tracing systems.
- Must be able to lift seventy (70) lbs unaided.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must be able to work shift work including irregular shifts and overtime when required/directed.
- Required to wear Company provided hearing protection when working in designated high noise areas.
Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We,
therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a
visible minority and persons with a disability.
Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to
continue in the process will be contacted.
Passenger Services / Customer Service
Job Posting Start Date & Job Posting End Date:
Apr 17, 2013, 12:37:37 PM
May 17, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
Air Canada is the flag carrier and largest airline of Canada. The airline, founded in 1936, provides scheduled and charter air transport for...