This position provides customers and end users with customer, product and/or technical support by performing the following duties.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent, or current student status. Post high school education preferred. Six months to one-year experience in customer support preferred. Working knowledge of supported operating systems, software, and hardware preferred. Understanding of troubleshooting processes, technology and tools preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and computer product manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team managers, team members, clients, and customers. Ability to effectively document case notes and respond to customers in a written format (e.g. chat, email).
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and/or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Employees are required to maintain compliance with SYKES safety, security, and privacy programs. Additionally, all employees world-wide are responsible for being an active participant in the SYKES safety, security and privacy programs to protect SYKES' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all SYKES' employees.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to the SYKES Standards of Conduct for Compliance and Integrity (www.sykes.com).
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
- Receives transactions from users regarding customer service or technical support related needs based upon the scope of support provided by contract to Sykes’ clients.
- Determines appropriate action to be taken on customer’s behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps. Informs customer of those appropriate next steps and works with customer to achieve issue resolution.
- Maintains proficiency in programs, products and/or platforms assigned.
- Maintains pertinent paperwork and records through data entry.
- Communicates with co-workers to research problem and find solution.
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Communicates with team manager, team members and other teams regarding problems, solutions and trends.
- Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance targets, which include customer service, productivity and quality standards.
- Hardware and software knowledge to include the installation, un-installation, and troubleshooting of: printers, scanners, mass storage devices, peripheral components, and network configurations.
- Ability to understand technical problems which requires the Technician – Technical to:
- Resolve software/hardware errors & malfunctions
- Follow troubleshooting guidelines to resolve issues
- Provide feedback on incorrect procedures or recommended improvements to be communicated back to the client
- Diagnose and solve problems following client procedures
- Isolate & troubleshoot network problems
- May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support and...