DonorsChoose.org engages the public in public schools by giving people a simple, accountable, and personal way to address educational inequity. In this clip , Oprah Winfrey and board member Stephen Colbert tell our story.
To date, teachers at half of all the public schools in America have posted classroom project requests on our site. Projects range from paper and markers for a poetry writing unit to violins for a school recital. More than 1,000,000 “citizen philanthropists” have supported such projects, channeling books, field trips, technology, and other resources to more than 8.9 million students from low-income communities. In all, we’ve generated $182 million for learning experiences designed by our country’s most dedicated public school teachers.
GOOD Magazine highlighted us as one of 30 Places We Want to Work , while Fast Company named DonorsChoose.org one of the 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World —the first time a charity has made this list. Our culture is informal, fast-paced, and fun.
See more at www.donorschoose.org/jobs
Our team is seeking a part-time Customer Service Agent to provide stellar support to public school teachers and donors using our website.
The Customer Service Agent will be part of our Customer Relations team, which facilitates a great experience for our teachers and donors, reinforcing the organization’s brand and voice. The team provides direct support, gathers feedback, advocates for our customers, and promotes user-focused innovation throughout the organization.
This position will focus on resolving and responding to various types of customer service inquiries - primarily by email, but also with occasional phone calls. Core responsibilities are as follows:
Hours and Compensation
- Facilitate a rewarding experience for our teachers and donors. This means working to resolve any questions or concerns swiftly and effectively, with a little personality.
- Learn about the various components of our website experience to better anticipate and solve customers’ problems.
- Identify and communicate patterns and recurring issues in customer service inquiries; escalating sensitive or urgent issues as needed.
- Quickly learn new processes and skills to adapt to changing customer service needs.
- This is a temporary, part-time position based on seasonal needs.
- The position will be 15-20 hours/week for at least 3 months, beginning with 2 weeks of training for 8 hours/week.
- Hours will be flexible based on the candidate’s schedule, but must fall during our business day (10AM to 6PM Monday-Friday).
- Compensation is $14 per hour.
- The position is for an immediate start, and will be open until it is filled. Candidates must be available for at least three months from the start date and able to work out of the DonorsChoose.org national office in midtown Manhattan.
We seek an individual with outstanding communication skills and a strong work ethic. Candidates must be very thorough, self-sufficient, able to follow detailed instructions, and comfortable with administrative and repetitive tasks. Applicants must have strong computer skills, experience learning new technical systems, and the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and to creatively solve problems. A bachelor’s degree is not required but is strongly preferred.
Please apply online by submitting a resume and cover letter addressed to Risa Ward, Teacher Relations Manager. No calls, please.
DonorsChoose.org is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We enthusiastically encourage diverse applicants to apply for this and all of our positions!